Saturday, December 03, 2005

2005 09 15 ~ 17 Midland of Taiwan [Part I]

This is kind of my travel note. I wrote it in Chinese few years ago, and now I am going to write another English version. Hope you'll enjoy my story!

It was about three months ago. I was having my last vacation before serving the military. After graduated from college, I stayed at home most of the time. I didn't want to waste my time, and so do my friends. Therefore we decided to have a trip to the midland of Taiwan. We planned to go to many places and hope we could have greatest fun then.


Time: 2005.9.14 PM10:00

I must be crazy. It's pretty late now, but I rode my motorbike to my friend's(Lin) place. We took some time to discuss about the journey right on the next day. However, we didn't really discuss anything. We looked up the internet, asked a few of our friends, at last we've got a simple conclusion.

Anyway, we'll drive south all the way to pick up another partner(Lee) in Chang-Wha, and just let Lee guide us to places around his home. And we'll finish all the plans at his place on the first night. Quite simple, right? The conclusion is almost blanked. We didn't want to do too much plan and set too many spot to stay. We all agree to have fun without any restricts, just drive and stay whenever we want. The plan can't be easier than that~ Just take the trip the way it is!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time: 2005.9.15 AM10:00

Things happened the same as what I expected, I slept over time... I packed up all my packages as fast as I can, I leave my home to pick Lin up. I rarely drive in Taipei City during the day time. I didn't know the traffic could be this messy.

We drove real fast on the Freeway, as time goes buy, we finally arrived our destination- Chang-Hwa. After we found Lee, we had a small discuss about the route line for the rest of the day. We decided to have something special for lunch. We wanted to have some local food, therefore we decided to visit the famous temples here in Chang-Hwa- Lukang.

Actually, we didn't spend much time here. Maybe it's not a holiday, not much stores were opened. I didn't take pictures there, but I found the introduction of Lukang on the internet, maybe you would like to take a look![click here]

We didn't see what we expected, it's a little bit pity. However, we had lunch there and stopped the murmuring of our stomach. Then, we go to our next destination, The PaGu Mount Buddha Sculpture

As I mentioned before, Lee is our guide. Anyway, this guide seems didn't work. We drove the car in Chang-Hwa City, but it seems like it's a strange place to him. We just get lost again and again. It's kind of funny looking for the right direction~ Few hours later, we finally arrived our destination.

Right beside the Buddha Sculpture, there were many street vendors. Not knowing why, Lee get excited to see the roast squid, and the rest two of us just sit and wait for him.

This is Lin~ It's hard to believe that we've known each other for more than ten years...

This is what we are looking for... To tell the truth, it's not that big as we expected, but it's really something special for us. Around the sculpture, some places are still rebuilding. Maybe we're here not on the right time~ Our guide Lee said it's been different from what it looks like before. Again, we feel a little disappointed. There's not much to see here, and we need to pay the expensive parking fee while we came in.

While we get close the sculpture, we figured out that it is not only a sculpture. There's a gate on the side of the Buddha, tourists are allow to step inside the sculpture to see the Buddha museum. It's really hot in side. There's no airconditioner inside the iron container. Actually, to say it's a museum, I'd prefer to say it's a temple. Many people burning joss sticks there. All of this is inside the Buddha's stomach.

Then, we climb up the stairs. From second floor and above, they display the life of Buddha with some sculptures. The description tells us how Buddha become Buddha, what great events made by Buddha are remarkable, and how are we sonny to do to become a Buddha in the world.

However, the stories are not so real. Most of them are more like fairy tales. To sum up, what we should do is to help those who need our help, and never try to hurt anybody related to your life.























After the stories of Buddha, we could never stand the tough heat inside his stomach. Therefore we step out his body, and tried to find some place to breath fresh air. Here, we see another building which is more like a temple behind the Buddha sculpture. Maybe this is the real temple after all...

Out side the Buddha's stomach, we took pictures with Buddha, also hope that he could bless us more or less in the future.



We've been walking for a while, the time goes by, and it's about four in the afternoon. The temperature remains high. When we planned to go back home to have some cool drinks, we saw a vendor selling ice bar at the front door. That is the kind of ice bar we ate long times ago when we were little child. Each of us bought one. This is the best stuff we ate that day~

The places we arrived today is not like what we planned to see, but it's ok. At least we could have real relax vacation during the busy living, that's worth it.

/Part II coming soon~/

No comments: